Free the Soil works towards organizing a mass-action of civil disobedience and Climate and Agriculture Camp in September 2019.
At the first international Free the Soil (October 13.-14. in Hamburg) several Working Groups (WG) were formed: Press WG, Networking WG, Mobilization WG, Camp Program WG, Camp infrastructure WG, Finance WG, Research WG and the Process WG.
You can join the next open meeting in Berlin on January 18.-20. 2019! More information will be available on this when we get closer. The meeting is open to groups and individuals who would like to be part of organizing the mass-action and/or the Climate and Agriculture Camp.
Please let us know if you are coming to the meeting so we can arrange sleeping places and food. You can sign up by writing to email@example.com (PGP). This way you can also get on the e-mail list.
Contact us for questions and more info
In Free the Soil decisions are taken by consensus. Big decisions concerning the whole campaign should be taken at the international plenaries. Working groups have autonomy to take decisions within their area of work. Decisions within the different working groups that will affect other working groups’ processes should be taken collectively. For more info see: Presentation FTS structure
Even if you aren’t taking part in the direct organizing for the camp and action, there are several ways to join the campaign to dismantle industrial agriculture for Climate Justice:
- Get organized: make an affinity group, study group or action group.
- Get educated on the tactics, strategies and impact of industrial agriculture and business.
- Organize info and movie nights to spread information about the devastating impacts of industrial agriculture and the aims of Free the Soil (Free The Soil intro slides)
- Donate money or do fundraising events for the campaign
- Get in touch with other groups and encourage them to engage in Free the Soil
- Do decentralized actions aimed at industrial agriculture and business. Share your story with us! (Feel free to use Free the Soil slogans and texts).